- GETTING STARTED
- Server connection
- File Transfer
- Directory operations
- File operations
- Script output
Change remote file permissions.
- mode: unix file mode to apply.
- filename: file name or wildcard expression.
- SUBDIRS(optional): Use this parameter for changing the permissions of remote files contained in subdirectories. Note that if you supply this paramenter you will have to use a wildcard expression in the file name field.
- If you want to apply CHMOD to a remote directory put the directory name in the file name field and append "/". For example:
- Note that this command is only available on Unix FTP servers.
ScriptFTP 2.0.1 Build 14 Feb 2006: Added support for applying CHMOD to directories.
ScriptFTP 2.0.1 Build 21 Feb 2006: Added the optional parameter SUBDIR for applying CHMOD to files in subdirectories.
CHMOD will return "OK" if the file permissions have been applied correctly. If it encounters an error it will return an error code.
# Connect to server
# Upload some files
# Apply 667 to index.php in the current remote directory
# Apply 777 to all php files in the current remote directory
# Apply 777 to all php files in the /cgi-bin/ directory
# Apply 777 to all php files in the /cgi-bin/
# directory and subdirectories
# Apply CHMOD to mysubdir
# Close connection